In this quick guide, we explain how to configure Metamask for the Public Mint blockchain so you can have yet another option to access our network.
What is Metamask?
Metamask is a popular Ethereum wallet and perhaps the most widely used gateway to interact with decentralized applications across the Ethereum blockchain (and many others, like BSC, RSK, xDAI, etc).
The Public Mint blockchain is based on Ethereum and fully EVM-compatible, and thus you can configure Metamask to interact with any DApps that run on Public Mint.In this quick guide, we explain how to configure Metamask for the Public Mint blockchain so you can have yet another option to access our network.
What can I use Metamask for?
Metamask has basic wallet functionality, meaning you can send, receive and store tokens.
But perhaps most importantly, Metamask allows you to interact with DApps that run on top of the blockchain, (like decentralized exchanges, marketplaces, or any other smart-contract-based application) securely spending or receiving assets.
1. Install the Metamask extension on your browser. Make sure you're downloading it from a legitimate source (like the Chrome Web Store) and that the developer is metamask.io
2. Click on the fox icon at your browser's toolbar. Create a wallet if you haven't got one yet. Choose a strong password and make sure you store the seed words somewhere safe.
3. Click on the network name on the top drop-down link.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select the "Custom RPC" option.
5. Under Network, fill the form with the following details:
Network Name => Public Mint Mainnet
New RPC URL => https://rpc.publicmint.io:8545/
Chain ID => 2020
Currency Symbol => USD
Block Explorer URL => https://explorer.publicmint.io/
6. Save your selection and click the Add network button to finish.
That's it! You've successfully configured Metamask to use with the Public Mint Mainnet blockchain.
Please sign in to leave a comment.