This article essentially describes how you can deposit your MINT tokens on the Public Mint network, from the Public MINT web wallet and join the Mint Rewards Program.
Before starting, there are a few important things to note:
- DO NOT try to send your MINT tokens directly from Ethereum to your Public Mint Wallet address, as they run on different networks. Doing so may lead to irrecoverable loss of your funds!!! Follow the steps outlined in this article to migrate your tokens.
- If you’ve chosen to manage your own private key when creating your Public Mint Wallet, make sure you have a copy of the file. We DO NOT have access to private keys and cannot recover your funds if you lose it!
- The Bridge will be a one-way system for the first months, only allowing MINT to be sent from Ethereum to the Public Mint blockchain. We will implement the two-way functionality by January 17th, 2022.
- Make sure your MINT tokens are in your Metamask wallet on the Ethereum Mainnet, and that you have enough ETH to cover the transaction fees (roughly around the level of a Uniswap transaction).
- We highly recommend you use the latest versions of Metamask and of Chrome (or a Chromium-based browser).
You can find below a how-to Video and a step-by-step guide that describes the entire process:
1. Create or log into your Public Mint Wallet at wallet.publicmint.com
2. On the left-hand side, under MINT, click on the DEPOSIT button:
3. You’ll be taken to a new tab and into the bridge interface, where you’ll be prompted to connect with your Metamask wallet. Accept the request to move forward and click the Connect wallet button on the top right.
4. Fill the large box with the amount of MINT that you’d like to migrate. Above the box, you should see your full balance. (Note: you’ll notice the Destination Address field comes filled with your Public Mint Wallet address. We highly recommend you DO NOT change this).
5. Click the Approve transaction button to allow the bridge to access your tokens. Approve the transaction on Metamask and wait for it to go through. You’ll see the button text change on the bridge.
6. Finally, click the Send transaction button and approve it via Metamask.
After ~20 Ethereum block confirmations, your Public Mint Wallet balance should reflect the transaction. From now on, you’ll accrue earnings on a daily basis so long as you have MINT tokens in a Public Mint address.
If you have any questions or encounter any problems, please contact us on Telegram or via customer support channels.
Please sign in to leave a comment.