1. Export your wallet Recovery Phrase, the process is described here:
2. Configure Metamask for the Public Mint blockchain, the process is described here:
3. Considering that the Secret Recovery Phrase is the secret key that controls an entire whole wallet, in order to import your Public Mint wallet based on a Secret Recovery Phrase, the process is different from importing a wallet via recovery file - you will need to set up a fresh install of Metamask to import your wallet this way.
In order to maintain your current Metamask setup, the suggestion is to a fresh install of the Metamask extension on a different browser (different from your current metamask install), for example, if your current install is on Chrome, user firefox.
1. During setup from a fresh install of MetaMask, click 'Import Wallet'
2. Enter your Secret Recovery Phrase and follow the prompts.
Note: Importing a Secret Recovery Phrase into an existing MetaMask installation will ERASE all existing MetaMask data, so a new installation is recommended instead if you want to keep your existing MetaMask setup.
More information can be found here:
4. Your Public Mint wallet should now be imported to Metamask.